Wine Estate Facts
Owner: Peter Crusius
Estate Size: 17 hectares/42 acres
Production: 8,500 cases
- White: Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Müller Thurgau
- Red: Spätburgunder (Pinot Noir)
The estate is located in the village of Traisen in the Nahe wine growing region of Germany. The Crusius family has been involved in wine production since 1576, and today the estate is run by Dr. Peter Crusius. This fabled estate is ranked as one of the elite producers of Germany, ranking within the top 60 wineries in the country.
In possession of some of the most prized vineyard holdings of any estate in the Nahe wine district, the Crusius objective is produce wines which capture the individual characteristics of these great sites. The philosophy of this historic wine estate is guided by three principles in order to achieve this goal:
First Class Portfolio Position
● Strive to make our top sites better and expand their share of the total area of production
Unique Wine Expertise
● We are convinced that solid training and years of experience in wine tasting helps us make correct decisions both in the vineyard and the cellar.
Professional and Transparent Work
● We believe that professionalism and openness in daily work leads to better wines through inspiration.